Survex 1.1.6 "report to authors" bug

Andy Waddington surveys at pennine.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 3 09:48:08 GMT 2006

On Friday 2006-02-03 04:54, Olly Betts wrote:

> It pops up in the more mundane situation where you don't have OpenGL
> support installed (I hit it myself, and it's been reported on here
> before).

If you are popping up a "report to authors" message, it implies you
have trapped the error in your own code. Is there some way to find
what particular error is causing the problem and use a "don't
bother to report to authors, known bug outside our control", message
instead ?

Alternatively, could you do some tests at start up which would
identify that this problem was bound to occur later and warn the
user, rather than asking her to report to the authors ?

Andy