Survex and revision control

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Mon Apr 10 13:02:46 BST 2006

Olly Betts wrote:

> The problem with either is that it's another tool to learn (and a fairly
> techie oriented one at that).  Which is why I'd like to incorporate
> something similar into Survex.
>
> Although in fact we could just use subversion - I believe you can access
> it through a library which gives you a versioned view of a filing
> system.  I'd not really though of that before (I wrote the spud page
> before I started using subversion) but it makes a lot of sense in many
> ways (you can use other existing tools on your data for example).

There are binding for subversion to several scripting languages
apparently. I believe trac uses the python binding, but I am certain
there are others.

Maybe a python shell for data entry, with options to access subversion
would be useful? I'd ceratinly hate to see survex turn into another
piece of windows like bloatware :)

Philip