Survex and revision control

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Sat Apr 8 15:59:52 BST 2006

I was just looking over http://www.survex.com/spud.html and noticed that
one of the possible enhancements for survex is the addition of limited
revision control. Currently I use subversion to store all our data
(survex files, therion files, and scanned survey notes). This works
pretty good and allows multiple people access to the data. This helps
distribute the workload of data entry and map making, without having a
huge hassle oveer who has the current data.

I plan to install Trac (http://www.edgewall.com/trac/) to provide a
better viewer for the data, and possibly provide issue tracking for
projects. On a side note, any chance of survex migrating to subversion +
trac? I use it at work with SW development and people seem to like it.

Philip