Survex 1.1.3 test version uploaded

Brian Clipstone brian at clipstone1.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Sep 13 19:26:53 BST 2005

> On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 12:17:03AM +0100, Brian Clipstone wrote:
> > A few problems I have found:
> > I am running Survex on Win 98.
> >
> > Aven:     Mouse on left click does not rotate cave when you move mouse
left
> > or right.
>
> That's intentional:
That's a shame, I do hate it when good working software (1.0.36), gets
updated and changed for the worst.

> http://lists.tartarus.org/pipermail/survex/2004-October/000891.html
>
> Middle button left/right rotates the cave.  Or you can use Ctrl-Left to
> have a combined rotate and tilt.
Crap. A key press and a mouse button to do what one button use to do is not
an improvement.

> >         Highlight fixed points Ect does not work. Rotate is very jerky.
>
> Can you open the "About" dialog (in the Help menu) and cut and paste
> the contents of the little window in the middle into an email?  It tells
> me stuff about the opengl implementation you're using.
Info below.

Windows 98 ( )
wxWidgets 2.6.0
Display Depth: 32 bpp (colour)
OpenGL 1.1.1334 Win9x Release
ATI Technologies Inc.
RAGE 128 A21 AGP 2x x86/MMX/3DNow!/SSE
GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_transpose_matrix
GL_ATI_vertex_blend GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint
GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord
GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color
GL_EXT_texgen_reflection GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_add
GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_vertex_array
GL_KTX_buffer_region GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_SGI_texture_edge_clamp
GL_SGIS_multitexture GL_WIN_swap_hint WGL_EXT_extensions_string
WGL_EXT_swap_control
R8G8B8
Max Texture size: 1024x1024
Max Viewport size: 2048x2048
Point Size 1.000-1.000 (granularity 0.125)

> >         If you click on the side panel, thereafter you can not use the
> > keyboard to control the display (P, L, or DELETE), and the mouse wheel
does
> > not work. I think this is an old problem.
>
> Are you saying the mouse wheel stops working after clicking in the side
> panel?  Or that it doesn't work at all?
The wheel mouse works OK in the window, but stops when you click on the side
panel.

> The problem with key presses is that the side panel has the focus.  If
> you click on the survey area that should get the focus back and they
> should work again.

It does not.  But I have found that if you press the TAB key then the focus
is back on the survey and all the keys ect work again.

Brian.