Mouse controls (was: Re: Survex 1.1.3 test version uploaded)

Andy Waddington surveys at pennine.demon.co.uk
Tue Sep 13 18:00:06 BST 2005

On Tuesday 2005-09-13 14:44, David Loeffler wrote:

> That's mine - it's the one that calculates the length, depth, N-S and
> E-W ranges, and horizontal extent of a cave given a .3d file.

Given that one doesn't often draw a cave survey with N straight up the page,
but rotates it to make the best use of the paper, it would be useful for it
to print the top-bottom and left-right extent of the cave given, as input,
some arbitrary bearing up the page.

*Much* harder, would be to tell me the best orientation to draw the cave
given paper of some given aspect ratio, or to tell me the bearing that
minimises the width. This is not only harder, but also rather less useful,
since you can probably get this by rotating the survey in one of the
viewers, to get a bearing to feed into the program with the extension
suggested above.

Andy