printing in 1.0.35

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sat Sep 10 02:49:45 BST 2005

On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 02:30:58AM +0100, Wookey wrote:
> So the problem seems to be that a margin of ~21mm is being added at top,
> then the printable area added on, and only when there is a similar sized
> margin left at the bottom does <something> decide that it all fits on one
> page.

I'm pretty confident that "<something>" isn't printpcl.  All it does is
to remove 10mm from "mm_down_page" to allow space for the footer line.

> I could produce some sample plotfile or do further tests with printps if you
> like.

Hang on, you were using printpcl in the previous mail.

If you're printing using printps to a PCL printer and then I suspect
the "<something>" which does the PS to PCL conversion for you.

You can check this theory by printing to a file, then looking at the
file in a postscript viewer (e.g. ghostview).