Survex 1.1.6 development snapshot uploaded

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Oct 12 19:04:24 BST 2005

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 04:29:17PM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 09:08:48AM +0100, David Loeffler wrote:
> > OK, here's another bug for you. It seems that if the date information in
> > a survey is very fragmentary, then it won't offer the option of
> > colouring by date (this happens for all.svx in the CUCC Loser dataset).
>
> I get the option for all.svx, but the date scale is rather odd - the
> dates aren't ordered, and some are pre-1970.  I'll track down what's
> going wrong there and perhaps that'll fix your problem too.

OK, this problem is to do with the date scaling.  It wraps round in a 32
bit signed integer when calculating the date labels for the colour bar.

But Jenny spotted another bug - the "process .svx file" code writes the
resultant .3d file to the current directory, but then tries to load
a .3d file from where the .svx file was.  So if you've an older .3d
file where the .svx file was, you won't get the date colours.  I
suspect that's what you're seeing - can you try processing the .svx
file by hand?