Survex 1.1.6 development snapshot uploaded

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Oct 12 16:29:17 BST 2005

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 09:08:48AM +0100, David Loeffler wrote:
> OK, here's another bug for you. It seems that if the date information in
> a survey is very fragmentary, then it won't offer the option of
> colouring by date (this happens for all.svx in the CUCC Loser dataset).

I get the option for all.svx, but the date scale is rather odd - the
dates aren't ordered, and some are pre-1970.  I'll track down what's
going wrong there and perhaps that'll fix your problem too.

What platform are you on?

> This is fine in itself, although somewhat inconsistent; but here's the
> bug. If you have a survey loaded in Aven with "colour by date" selected,
> and you attempt to load up a .svx file directly (using the new
> process-on-loading facility, which incidentally is a Very Good Thing
> imho), and the new survey you're loading has no date information

OK, it needs to check if there's date information when loading a new
survey.  I've checked in a fix.

> you get an immense flood of "Bug in program detected!" error dialogs
> (I had 150 of them on my screen at once) and as soon as you click OK
> in any of them, Aven quits.

I've also tweaked the handling of signals and error dialogs which should
prevent such cascades in future!