Route Find utility

Philip Underwood furbrain at furbrain.screaming.net
Wed Sep 1 04:44:28 BST 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 11:13, Josep Guarro wrote:
> Some time ago I used Chasm because it had a nice utility to find the
> route between to survey stations and calculate its length.
Glad you liked it. I only did that for a laugh really...

> Now I see that Chasm is no longer suported or discontinued, so I'm
> asking if it would be possible to add this feature (the route find
> calculation) into Aven.
>
> I find it usefull i.e. when you are writting an article with a
> description of a cave system, so you can know the lenght of a route or
> a traverse.
>
> I know It is still possible to do it, using the -x command in cavern
> to produce a 3dx file format so Chasm can read it, but it would be
> nice to see the "route find" utility in Aven.
It would be possible, but as far as I remember I might need to add some
extra data to each station's internal representation (distance from
start point). Could be fettled with other methods. I could sort
something out (have just got a new job with much more free time), but
how many people would like this feature? There'd probably need to be
some fettling of the graphical display bit as well...

Phil.