Tip dialogs

Wookey wookey at aleph1.co.uk
Fri Oct 15 11:48:00 BST 2004

+++ Mark Shinwell [04-10-14 14:14 +0100]:
> I believe that a far better means of delivering help to the user in
> these situations would be to have more interactive information in a
> status bar.

This is how mc does it - there is an optional 'help' status line. It works.

Note that this is only a sensible feature beyond a certain screen size.
below 640x480 its value becomes insufficient to justify the screen
consumption. (i.e it should default off on low-res machines).