Survex 1.1.1 test version uploaded

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Oct 6 02:08:38 BST 2004

As seen at the BCRA Conference!

http://www.survex.com/software/1.1.1/

This is a test build of the development version.  Things mostly work,
but you're a lot more likely to encounter problems than with the
stable 1.0.X versions.  I'd certainly not recommend installing this
as your only survex version and going on expedition...

But please download it, try it out, and report any problems.  I'd also
appreciate success stories.

I've not yet implemented printing or exporting in this version - they'll
be added soon.

Changes in 1.1.1:

* (Microsoft Windows version): aven: Hopefully fix loading a survey file at
  startup.

* aven: Delay loading the bitmap for the "About" dialog until it is first
  needed.  We want start up to be as quick as possible.

Changes between 1.0.32 and 1.1.0:

* NOTE: Survex 1.1.X releases are development snapshots made available for
  the purposes of allowing wider testing and getting more user feedback.  Once
  the code has stabilised the version number will be raised to 1.2.0.

* aven: Now uses OpenGL for 3d rendering - you may need to install drivers if
  you're using Windows 95 - these can be obtained from:
  http://download.microsoft.com/download/win95upg/info/1/W95/EN-US/Opengl95.exe

* aven: Solid passages - passage dimensions are currently inferred from
  the leg length (pretty effective as you can measure longer legs in
  larger passages).  Use of real LRUD data coming soon...

* aven: Depth colouring is now continuously varying.

* aven: Colour by depth can now be turned off (and there's the start of a
  framework for properly implementing colour by date, error, etc).

* aven: Find stations moved onto the toolbar and now uses a simple wildcarded
  match (? matches any character, * matches any number of characters).

* aven: We now use the status bar for coordinates, distances, etc to make
  better use of screen space.

* aven: Full screen mode (F11).

* aven: Perspective view.

* aven: Context sensitive cursor shape - needs more work.

* aven: Mouse actions changed (hopefully they're now more natural, but
  you may find the change disorientating - feedback wanted on this).

* aven: Added "presentations" which allow you to set up fly-through paths
  and load/save/run them.

* aven: A presentation can be exported as a movie file.

* aven: Added Save screenshot facility.

* aven: Depth fogging option.

* aven: Added Smooth Lines option.

* aven: Added Textured Walls option.

* aven: If a survey has surface legs but no underground legs, default to
  showing the surface legs.

* cavern: Dates given to *date are now stored in the 3d file.