drawing up - seeking advice

Wookey wookey@aleph1.co.uk
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 15:50:47 +0100

+++ Eric Madelaine [04-03-30 16:22 +0200]:
> There was a package from an american caver, named Carto, if I remember
> correctly, that did exactly that: define a binding between a centerline and a
> vector drawing, and morphing the drawing to you centerline.
>
> You could use it also to morph you field drawings directly (well, after
> vectorization) to your centerline...
>
> Do you know about this noe?

I did, yes, but I'd forgotten. Thanx for reminding me. I think that's done
in java (same as TunnelX). I've never been able to get java stuff working
properly without endless hassle, so I've not tried it (or TunnelX). I should
probably try again as there has been much improvement in free java
implementations recently.

A comparison of therion, TunnelX and Carto would be very useful, but I don't
know of anyone who's tried all three.