drawing up - seeking advice

Patrick Warren patrick@pjwarren.demon.co.uk
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 21:07:54 +0000

Guys,

I'm drawing up one of the china caves Wang Long Dong (Duo Ji, Jingxi)
from our trip in 2003.  It's a river cave, ie very long (several km) and
thin (5 - 20m). I've drawn it up in rough at A1 at which scale you can
get a decent amount of the passage detail.  I'm looking for advice how
to 'professionalise' it.  For previous (smaller) surveys I have been
scanning the hand-drawn passage walls and details into an image file,
cleaning it up, and adding text using paint shop pro (but obviously you
could use anything similar).  However I will struggle to cope with an
A1-sized 300 dpi image file.

Have you got any wise advice how to get the passage walls + other
details into a computer in a manageable form?  Hopefully without too
much expense on CAD packages!  (Assume I can use unix, or MS windows)

Many thanks!

Patrick

PS: If you email me privately off-list, patrick@pjwarren.demon.co.uk,
I'll be happy to post a summary of the replies.

--
Patrick Warren