info survex data type

Wookey wookey@aleph1.co.uk
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 13:22:57 +0000

+++ Olly Betts [04-02-24 12:40 +0000]:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 12:16:16PM +0200, Cristian Flueraru wrote:
> > hello to all. i have a question that might sound silly but i haven't find
> > an answer in the documentation. can survex proces left/right/up/down data?
>
> Not quite.  It's something I'm currently working on.  So far I've got
> the drawing of 3D passages working:
>
> http://www.survex.com/~olly/lech.png
>
> The remaining tasks are reading the LRUD from the .svx files, and
> storing it in .3d files.
>
> > all the examples i have seen have only the length/azimuth/declination
> > attributes.
>
> You can also use other styles of centreline data - for example, with a
> depth gauge used instead of a clinometer as used by cave divers for
> underwater surveys.

You can also enter data with LRUD info included either like this:
2	1	18.15	191	-03
3	2	30.00	140	-01
4	3	17.25	179	-01

;2	4	6	~20	2	; cairn (Andy's Head)
;1	2(12)	5	10(17)	0.6	; Nester's cairn (actual)
;3	1	4	10	1.7	; AH/WH
;4	1	6	10+	1.7	; Head - rock on floor

 or like this:
*data normal station left right up down newline tape compass clino

1	6	6	20	1
	12.6	179	-39
2	4	8	25	2
	20.5	266	+04
3	4	4	3	2	; cairn

So that when the LRUD code is finished you already have the data ready.
(in the first case you will need to add an as-yet undefined command
something like
*data dimensions left right up down ignore)

Only the most recent versions of survex understand 'left right up down' in
*data commands - earlier versions just use 'ignore ignore ignore ignore'