info survex data type

Olly Betts olly@survex.com
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 12:40:49 +0000

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 12:16:16PM +0200, Cristian Flueraru wrote:
> hello to all. i have a question that might sound silly but i haven't find
> an answer in the documentation. can survex proces left/right/up/down data?

Not quite.  It's something I'm currently working on.  So far I've got
the drawing of 3D passages working:

http://www.survex.com/~olly/lech.png

The remaining tasks are reading the LRUD from the .svx files, and
storing it in .3d files.

> all the examples i have seen have only the length/azimuth/declination
> attributes.

You can also use other styles of centreline data - for example, with a
depth gauge used instead of a clinometer as used by cave divers for
underwater surveys.