survex CVS code -- oops!

Mark Shinwell Mark.Shinwell@cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:17:19 +0000

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 07:08:07PM +0000, Mark Shinwell wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 06:56:39PM +0000, John P N Pybus wrote:
> > I managed to build the 1.1 project.  When I run aven it will load a
> > survey, and allow me to manipulate it but very quickly freezes --
> > locking up X windows totally in the process. Aven's controlling tyy
> > gives the output:
> >
> > OpenGL error: Stack Overflow: call glCallList in function DrawList
> >
> > (or similar, I had to copy this from  ahand scribbled note)
>
> That is most interesting; I am experiencing considerable difficulties on
> my own desktop machine (and I first wrote the GL code!).  I don't get X
> server crashes

I take that back: I've just tried the latest code (as opposed to some
from a couple of weeks ago) and it locks my machine solid too,
requiring the one-fingered salute.

Olly: you've broken something!  (and it would be much easier for you to
fix it than I, if it doesn't crash for you)

Mark
--
Mark Shinwell -- http://mrs30.quns.cam.ac.uk/ -- Mark.Shinwell@cl.cam.ac.uk
Theory and Semantics Group, University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory