LRUD

Wookey wookey@aleph1.co.uk
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:15:40 +0100

+++ Philip Balister [03-07-30 07:08 -0400]:
> One thing I didn't like about the way compass handled LRUD:
>
> The LRUD data is entered with the shot data. It is assumed to be for the
> from station. So to enter LRUD data for a terminal shot, you have to create
> a dummy shot to hold the LRUD data.

Tiresome isn't it? I think it is much less annoying for US surveyors because
they tend to do backsights all the time so they can just attach the data to
whichever set if instrument data is looking the 'right' way.

> Hopefully, survex recognizes that shots and staions are two seperate
> entities :)

We certainly do. One of the reasons LRUD hasn't happened for such a long
time is that we couldn't bring ourselves to do it the crappy way compass does
:-)