printing broken on WinXP

Matt Ryan matt-lists-survex@mdryan.net
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 12:55:07 -0000 (Asia/Chongqing)

>> Continue prcore.c:377: assert(*szReplies) failed - list of possible
>> replies is empty
>
> OK, that's a lot more helpful.  The problem is I've supplied
> translations for "yes", "no", "quit" into Chinese, but they don't have
> initial letters!

The convention in most Chinese programs appears to be having the key you
need to press in brackets after the characters.

> Dunks suggested a version using the latin alphabet transliterations as =
> first step to problems with character sets and fonts.  Unicode is a
> problem on Linux until we switch to gtk2 (hopefully soon).

Except that the only people who can read pinyin at all well already speak
English...

> If you have a spare few minutes, could you have a quick look to see if
> they work on windows 2k and 98?  That should show if the character set
> handling is good enough for Chinese yet or not.  They are:

It appears not, at least on Win98 - the only Chinese 2k (or XP) machines =
know of are in Guilin.

> "warning" in output from cavern
> "Done." at the end of a cavern run

The translated messages are missing entirely,

test.svx:3: : Closing prefix omitted from END
and similarly a blank line instead of 'Done.'

> "Close" button in the "Help->About..." box in aven
> "Find" and "Hide" buttons in the left panel in aven

All are completely blank.

I can't test the printing stuff without using time I don't have at the
moment (plus I have to pay 10p a page...)

Cheers,

Matt

--=20
Matthew Ryan