Survex 1.0.14 released

Josep Guarro jguarro@wanadoo.es
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 17:10:05 +0200

>What is the "Open" file association set to?  You can find it (from
>memory) from an explorer window - not too sure which menu it's in
>View maybe?  Then Folder Options, then one of the tabs (File Types
>I think) and select .svx in the list box.

The svx are associated to svxedit,
 i.e. Open action is set to:
"C:\Survex\svxedit.tcl" "%1"

BUT if you try to edit this line you cannot, even you cannot push the
accept button without changin nothing.
The error is:
"The specified program connot be found, check the path and name of the
file to be correct". (translated from spanish).
I think windows wants an executable here, and svxedit.tcl isn't an
executable.

However If you run svxedit, then you can open svx files=20
   =20

>My rationale for making it the default is that less computer literate =
users
>would probably prefer it, while techie types would probably prefer to
>use their own editor.  And the techie types are more at home adjusting
>the file associations.

Yes, but unless you give a direct URL from where a non computer
literate user can download TCL, I think most people will be meshed
trying to find it.

--Josep--