Survex 1.0.18 released (Sat Oct 12 14:55:00 2002)

Roger Schuster roger@r-schuster.de
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 19:51:43 +0200

Am Sonntag, 13. Oktober 2002 21:13 schrieb Andy Waddington on Survey
stuff:

Hi there,

> Isn't there some system wide setting (such as the file association
> for plain text files) which would tell you what your user's default
> choice of editor is ?

Yes, some editors / systems recognize an environment variable $EDITOR
but don't ask me which ones.

> People who use KDE probably wouldn't choose
> gnome-edit ...

Setting file associations in KDE isn't a problem and if you do this as
root the settings are global for the whole box.

The *.svx files on my computer I associated in Konqueror (the KDE file
manager) with Nedit which is my favorite Linux editor. I created a
simple syntax highlighting pattern for it so I can recognize *commands,
comments and data with one quick view. I also wrote some Nedit macros
which I can use to run cavern, aven and printps on the open *.svx file
from within the editor. I use Nedit as simple GUI for Survex.

Lucky caving

Roger
--
Roger Schuster  eMail    roger@r-schuster.de