Free Rotation Mode in Aven

Olly Betts olly@survex.com
Sun, 26 May 2002 15:25:05 +0100

Does anyone actually use aven's "Free Rotation Mode"?  Mark suggested it's
probably a failed experiment and should be removed, and I'm inclined to agree.
However, I don't want to annoy people who are using it (although I'm not sure
it's actually documented anywhere...)

You engage it by holding down Ctrl while dragging with the left button, and
cancel it by pressing Delete.  It removes the usual aven and caverot
restriction that "up" in 3d is in the Y axis on the 2D screen, but that's
actually a carefully chosen restriction which fits the application well.