survex ipkgs

Wookey wookey@aleph1.co.uk
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 16:39:38 +0100 (BST)

I've built a set of survex ipkgs based on survex 1.0.7, and I've just got
enough things working on a psion 5 to install and test them.

Cavern works and processes mulitfile data (cave 182 in the austria dataset),
producing convincing-looking files, but xcaverot complains with:
X error of failed request: _BadName  (named colour or font does not exist)
 Major opcode of failed request: 45 (X_OpenFont)
 Serial number of failed request: 22
 Current serial number in Output stream: 24

Which doesn't mean a great deal to me, but sound like there might be a font
missing. Another issue is that the display is 16 colour greyscale. Can
xcaverot cope with that - the code suggest that it won't be happy with less
than 128, but then maybe X worries about that for you?

Any clues or suggestions for further debug welcome