Java Caverot applet

=?iso-8859-1?q?clewin=20griffith?= clewingriffith@yahoo.com
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 00:32:17 +0100 (BST)

Thanks for the replies.

--
--

>It also stiffs Netscape after running for a bit.
>Probably just the
>creaky
>JVM in Netscape 4 though.

This is really annoying. I developed it on netscape
4.77 in linux. It works fine. Tried it on my brother's
machine (netscape 4.7something in linux) and after a
while, netscape crashes. I thought there might be an
ever increasing number of paint requests, but since
it doesn't issue any new requests if it's drawing, I
can't see why it should suddenly do something. I can't
see where there could possibly be a memory leak etc.

It works on Konqueror, IE, appletviewer.  Why can't
netscape just die? If I can't find a work around it's
a shame because having an applet which trashes peoples
browser isn't exactly ideal.

Appologies for the page. The verbatim sections forced
the page to be ridiculously wide. A couple of LFs has
sorted that out. Any other problems will be because
your stylesheets don't work.

Wookey, I don't know anything about Java, so I can't
say what the difference between 1.0 and 1.1 are. It
doesn't use anything fancy, so it may compile under
1.0, and then run on RiscOS (woohoo!). I tried
javac --lang 1.0
and the resulting .class file was exactly the same.
Can you compile the .java file in RiscOS?

----
Clewin