Survex 0.95 prerelease 7 and xcaverot's rubber band.

Mark Shinwell Mark.Shinwell@cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 10:45:53 +0100

On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 10:38:28AM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:
> In message <39F94BBC.97EF62A4@uts.edu.au>, Michael Lake writes:
> >Olly Betts wrote:
> >> Aven avoids this problem by purging the event queue - Xcaverot should
> >> probably do the same.
>
> Thinking some more, rather than purging the queue it probably ought to read
> out any pending events (mouse movements, key presses, etc) and apply them
> all before redrawing.

However, I tried that (in addition to quite a lot of variations) and under
GTK it's just too slow.  The code there at the moment is vulgar, but at least
it works (but may not with future GTK+ releases).

Mark

--
Mark Shinwell -- http://mrs30.quns.cam.ac.uk -- Mark.Shinwell@cl.cam.ac.uk
Theory and Semantics Group, University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory