Survex 0.95 prerelease 7 and xcaverot's rubber band.

Michael Lake Mike.Lake@uts.edu.au
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 20:27:39 +1100

Olly Betts wrote:
> I've upload the 7th (and probably last) prerelease of Survex 0.95.

Just to let Olly know that the release 7 of Survex,
including Aven, compiles and runs fine on the DEC Alpha
running the latest Debian Linux. I used the tar.gz source.

As a comment on the latest xcaverot I notice that there now
appears to be some 'new feature' where the cave rotates or
tilts for a little while after you have stopped moving the
mouse. Some time lag appears to have been incorporated. It
makes it very hard to position the image where you want it
as its like having the image and the mouse connected with a
rubber band :-)

It's the first time I have got Aven running on the Alpha and
its a nice looking package.

Mike
Michael Lake
University of Technology, Sydney
Email: mailto:Mike.Lake@uts.edu.au Ph: 02 9514 1724 Fx: 02
9514 1628
Linux enthusiast, active caver and interested in anything
technical.