Postscript and umlauts

Roger Schuster roger@r-schuster.de
Wed, 10 May 2000 20:40:08 +0200

Am Mon, 08 Mai 2000 schrieb Phil Underwood:

Hi,

> I've just had a look through the PostScript Language Reference (3rd
> Ed.)(C)(TM) and  there is a short script that will change the encoding as
> required.
(snip)

Unfortunately I don't got this script working but after playing around
with some of my Linux drawing programs I found another solution.

The program "pstoedit" can convert Postscript files into other vector
graphic formats, for example *.fig. You can import these files into
drawing applications like killustrator or xfig where they are fully
editable. So you can remove or add graphical elements from the survex
data and draw complete surveys on-screen. Looks good, probably this
will keep me away from Windows and Corel Draw in the future.

Pstoedit also has an option for converting fonts: -nomaptoisolatin1 and
the special characters are good! :-)

Roger

--
Roger Schuster  eMail    roger@r-schuster.de