Postscript and umlauts

Roger Schuster roger@r-schuster.de
Sun, 7 May 2000 10:34:29 +0200

Am Sam, 06 Mai 2000 schrieb Phil Underwood:

Hi,

> Ahem. Chasm does actually allow you to select the font for
> Postscript printing, and also different sizes for station names and other
> text. I'd be interested to hear if this works with your problem.

Unfortunately not. The actual Chasm release compiled well on my box but
it "segfaults" immediately after starting it. :-( The older release for
Survex 0.91 worked but here I was too stupid to apply your patch to the
original Survex sources.

In the meantime I took a look into the Postscript output of printps and
in the ASCII part of the file the special characters are correct! I
edited it manually and changed the fonts in the preamble section.
Indeed this changed the appearance of the document on screen but the
umlauts are still missing so I think it is a problem witch the
character encoding. Does in Postscript something exist like
"charset=iso-8859-1" in HTML?

> Unfortunately Chasm is currently english only, although I'm
> working on making it properly ineternationalisable.

Another question: How many people like a German translation of the
Survex manual? Let me know, I can probably do this!

Happy sunday caving

Roger

--
Roger Schuster  eMail    roger@r-schuster.de