Postscript and umlauts

Roger Schuster roger@r-schuster.de
Fri, 5 May 2000 15:07:55 +0200

Hi,=20

if the Linux environment variables for the language are set to DE, most
of the Survex programs produce fine German output. Unfortunately the
printps printer driver can't handle the "=DF" ligature and umlauts. It
looks rather ugly if you can find words like "Soandsoh hle" and "Ma
stab" on the printed map where any special character is replaced with a
blank. Is there a possibility to use my own system ps fonts instead of
those from Survex?=20

I also have a suggestion concerning the printer drivers. There are
several useful command line switches for station labeling, the border
around the map and so on. Because I use my own text box on my maps I
would appreciate an option to switch off the Survex default text box on
the page bottom. I also would like to switch off the scale bar if
necessary.=20

What do the other surveyors think about this matter?=20

Roger

--=20
Roger Schuster  eMail    roger@r-schuster.de
                Cavepage http://www.karst.net