Survex 0.93 released

Olly Betts olly@survex.com
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 01:40:52 +0000

Yes, that really does say 0.93...

I had just finished uploading the 0.92 release when Wookey reported a
problem, so I held off announcing it here while I investigated.  It
turned out to be a problem with the articulation point code (this
splits up the network into sections which can be solved separately).
I know where the problem lies, but since time is short I've just
disabled the problem code for now.

http://www.survex.com/download.html

Checking the logs I noticed several people had spotted the new release
on the web site and downloaded it.  If you have, you needn't bother
redownloading the documentation - the contents of the 0.92 and 0.93
documentation archives are identical.

Here's the user visible changes for 0.93, and also 0.92 (since I
didn't announce that here):

Changes in 0.93:

* Quick fix for problem with finding articulation points in
  particularly contorted components with 2 or more fixed points - for
  now each component is solved separately, but they aren't split at
  articulation points

* Turned off some debug code left active by mistake

* Test suite was missing a file

Changes in 0.92:

* 3dtodxf's DXF output can be opened by AutoCAD 13, 14 and 2000, as
  well as ArcView 3.x. Adobe Illustrator 8.0, and CorelDraw 8.
  [checked by Mike Yocum]

* HTML documentation now has meaningful filenames (no more "x532.htm")

* RISC OS documentation zip file now has correct filetype for
  Postscript version of docs

* RISC OS binary distribution now includes !CLIcon GUI front end

* Changed naming scheme for .zip archives to be more consistent

* Added OLDNEWS with details of user-visible changes in much older
  versions