Interactive Extended Elevations

Olly Betts olly@survex.com
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 11:47:14 +0100

In message <39511EA4@Survex@pennine.demon.co.uk>, Andy Waddington on Survey stu
ff writes:
>> You also want to be able to specify that certain legs should be omitted
>
>It may be a lot more sensible for the file describing the extended elevation
>to list *all* those survey legs which are to be *included*.

I'm not sure I agree.  If you update the survey you're likely to want the
new legs to appear in the extended elevation by default, which points to
listing excluded legs or traverses in the fold file.  Also there are likely
to be far fewer legs excluded than included which means listing excluded
ones would be more compact and quicker to process.

>This makes it a
>lot clearer for the human user coming along to edit it, given that these
>directives are in a separate file from the original survey data.

I'm not sure it would be any clearer - besides the intention is that most
people would use the graphical editor anyhow.