Direct X Caverot - test version available

Mark Shinwell Mark.Shinwell@cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 12:18:39 +0000

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 12:09:51PM +0000, Olly Betts wrote:
> >Other than that the whole display is very
> >smooth (running on a Pentium III 600 with 128MB Ram at work).

I should hope so :)

> >I am running NT4 with SP4 and I have not knowingly installed DirectX! There
> >is certainly no direct X icon on the control panel and a search for
> >'DIRECT*' on the hard disk finds no matching DirectX files.
>
> Microsoft OSes aren't my area of expertise, but I think the DLL might be
> called something like `DX*.DLL'.

I wouldn't be surprised it the dll name starts "msdx".

> It would be interesting if someone could test on Windows 95, Windows 2000,
> and Windows Millenium Edition (or is that the same as 2000?)

No, Windows ME is the next one up from Win98.  I think I can lay my hands
on a Win2k box in the lab later on, so I shall try to test it on that.

Mark

--
Mark Shinwell -- http://mrs30.quns.cam.ac.uk -- Mark.Shinwell@cl.cam.ac.uk
Theory and Semantics Group, University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory