Direct X Caverot - test version available

Josep Guarro jguarro@retemail.es
Mon, 04 Dec 2000 13:19:38 +0100

I'm using W98 and it doesn't work.=20

I've tried to run it from a MS-DOS window within W98 and directly
associating a .3d file to caverot.exe to run the .3d file but both
ways don't do anything nor crash the machine.

>Olly Betts writes:
>>I'm going to try to get a version of caverot working which uses =
directx.
>>This should allow a fast, high resolution display on Windows NT and =
2000.

>Of course it should also work on Windows 95, 98, etc.
>
>I've compiled up a version, but can't test it on a real Windows box.  =
I've
>tried it under wine (the windows emulator) and it didn't work, but wine
>warned about various unsupported stuff being used so this probably =
doesn't
>mean much.
>
>So if you've got a windows box, could you try this out.  Please make =
sure
>you don't have any unsaved work, as there's an outside chance it might =
crash
>the machine:
>
>http://www.survex.com/software/test/wincvrot.zip
>
>Run it from the command line (or the "Run" dialog box) as with the DOS
>version, and it should create a full screen directx display with the =
usual
>DOS caverot interface.
>
>Please let me know whether it works or not, and what version of windows
>you're using.
>
>Cheers,
>Olly

--Josep--