Direct X Caverot - test version available

Olly Betts olly@survex.com
Mon, 04 Dec 2000 11:42:17 +0000

Olly Betts writes:
>I'm going to try to get a version of caverot working which uses directx.
>This should allow a fast, high resolution display on Windows NT and 2000.

Of course it should also work on Windows 95, 98, etc.

I've compiled up a version, but can't test it on a real Windows box.  I've
tried it under wine (the windows emulator) and it didn't work, but wine
warned about various unsupported stuff being used so this probably doesn't
mean much.

So if you've got a windows box, could you try this out.  Please make sure
you don't have any unsaved work, as there's an outside chance it might crash
the machine:

http://www.survex.com/software/test/wincvrot.zip

Run it from the command line (or the "Run" dialog box) as with the DOS
version, and it should create a full screen directx display with the usual
DOS caverot interface.

Please let me know whether it works or not, and what version of windows
you're using.