Survex 0.91 (fwd)

Wookey wookey@aleph1.co.uk
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 12:02:07 +0100 (BST)

This was sent to me, but I don't really use PCs any more.
Anyone got any suggestions? Better cc steve as I've advised him to join
this list, but he probably hasn't done so yet.

Wookey
--=20
Aleph One Ltd, Bottisham, CAMBRIDGE, CB5 9BA, UK  Tel (00 44) 1223 811679
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 23:23:06 +0100
From: Steve Warren <semiwar@python.co.uk>
To: Wookey <wookey@survex.com>
Subject: Survex 0.91

Hi Wookey
I'm having difficulty running Survex on my PC setup - specification below.
Version 0.91 and the earlier version I have run OK from DOS but it will in
no way run from Windows Explorer which is how I have been used to running
it. My earlier PC - P2 - is still in service upstairs in my map room and
everything runs OK from there. Look as if there is a conflict between Surve=
and my P3.
Wonder if you have any comment. Perhaps others have, or will have, the same
problem.

Incidentally I have been using Survex for some years now - my son Patrick
and his mate Sean Kelly had a hand in the precursors, as I expect you will
know. One of my projects involves mating up Survex with Excel to produce a
novel way of handling cave survey data. Will send you a copy when it is
finalised.

When I get time I'll send you some other examples of what is going on up
here in the frozen (and very wet) north. I am finding Survex extremely
useful anyway.

Regards
Steve Warren

Specification