Fixing a station's height only, or x,y only

Martin Green martin.speleo at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 18:32:18 BST 2021

Do you have two legs between the benchmark and the circle?  Thus making it
hard to determine the vertical offset?

You could try x, y, z fixes with rough estimates for the unknown axes. Then
specify zero standard error for the known axes and a large standard error
for the unknown axes.

*fix 2 1234.5 6789.0 123.4 10 10 0 ; benchmark height (x,y roughly
estimated)
*fix 4 1234.5 6789.0 123.4 0 0 10 ; Circle on top of trig point (height
roughly estimated)

This is not something I have done, and it is a shame that you need very
roughly estimate the parts of the fix you would rather leave blank.

You probably want decent comments if you do this.

Regards,
Martin