Data formats

Footleg drfootleg at googlemail.com
Fri May 15 13:49:58 BST 2009

Hi Andrew,

My converter program attempts to make sense of the splays. It actually
tried to identify the LRUD for each station, and any shots left over
are treated as splays (so if you took 6 shots from station 1.5, then
my program will attempt to treat the best matching 4 as LRUD and the
left over two would be created as legs in series 1, stns 5 to 5a, 5 to
5b). This is not particularly well tested yet, and I did wonder
whether I should include an option to treat all shots from a single
station as splays?

Also the LRUD data is not properly organised in the files yet. It is
just all dumped at the end of the series. So you have to reorganise it
into blocks to represent the actual legs in the series if there are
any junctions.

I agree it would be great if survex could support splays in a more
intelligent way, so they can be flagged as such and turned on/off in
the viewer. Or even better, have survex attempt to create LRUD data
from splay shots at each station as an option?

Footleg