Cave survey data and XML

Ken Grimes ken-grimes@h140.aone.net.au
Tue, 05 Dec 2000 13:43:47 +1100

In Cave Digest #5699 Don Lance <DonL@PowerLogic.com> wrote...

>I was wondering if there were any efforts underway to
>define any XML schemas for cave survey information.

Mike Lake (who is not on the Cave Digest list) has been working with Martin Laverty on CaveScript XML which is the generic name of a cave survey and map data format that could store all the information about a cave survey or an entire cave map. It is based on extensible markup language (XML).

For more info check his website at:
http://www.speleonics.com.au/cavescript/
or http://www.speleonics.com.au and click the CaveScript
button.

There you will find example CaveScript files, utility programs and documentation including the Document Type Definitions (DTDs) that describe the language.

To contact Mike direct mailto://mikel@BlueSky.com.au

Posted by Ken Grimes on behalf of Mike.