Spam on the surveying list

Eric Madelaine Eric.Madelaine@sophia.inria.fr
Mon, 03 Apr 2000 14:00:24 +0200

wookey@aleph1.co.uk said:
> I'm not sure if there is much/anything I can do about this whilst Ol
> is away, but I'll have a look and see if the filters can be improved
> in the light of this.

Just my two tokens...
I am in the process of changing the management of the french cavers mailist
from Majordomo to Sympa (a public domain list manager software made by a french
university).
Several technical advantages, one being fine tuning of autorisations.
Typically, for the french cavers mailist, that is currently protected "only" by
the standard filters of the INRIA mail system, I will set up the list with post
autorisation for the list members, and approval required for all other
addresses. There exists a Web interface for the management that is supposed to
make the approval process raisonnably light.

--
Eric Madelaine            tel: (+33) 4 92387807 (secr: 7720, fax: 7765)