export to KML

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Aug 28 06:05:08 BST 2015

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 01:51:22PM +0200, Graham Mullan wrote:
> I wish to export to KML. I open a .3d file in Aven, click on 'export
> as' and choose KML. It asks me for a co-ordinate projection. Nowhere
> can I find a list of acceptable co-ordinate systems nor what precise
> form to enter them in. If I type 'EPSG:29903' which is the relevant
> one in this case, I get a message that it failed to initialise
> the co-ordinate system. What should I be entering? What is the correct
> syntax?

It wants a PROJ.4 projection string.  Perhaps it should accept the same
codes that *cs does.

Really you want to just specify the coordinate system in the .svx file
though - that way it's included in the 3d file and automatically used.
The field to specify it is just there so you can export from old 3d
files from before the coordinate system support was added.