More on xcaverot vs Digital Unix

Mark Shinwell mrs30@cam.ac.uk
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 17:42:02 +0000

On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 12:35:54PM -0500, Phil Benchoff wrote:
> Anyway, I decided to see what would happen if I disabled the double
> buffering code and added have_double_buffering = 0 right after the
> test.  I now get labels on the buttons.  I don't have any man pages
> on the Xdbe stuff, so I don't know what else to do.  Maybe this will
> help someone figure out what is going on.

It sounds like it might be something nasty to do with the X visual selection.

If you have such a program, could you run "xdpyinfo" (probably
/usr/bin/X11/xdpyinfo or something similar) and mail the output?

Mark

--
Mark Shinwell  -- President, Cambridge University Caving Club
Queens' College, Cambridge, UK