Chasm and survex-0.92

Olly Betts olly@survex.com
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 14:36:06 +0000

Phil Underwood writes:
>On a completely different vein, I can confirm survex-0.92-pre-release-6
>compiles and loads happily on my machine, even when patched. It is also
>about 100% slower on my machine
>(cyrix 200 MHz, 32Mb, Linux redhat 5.1); it takes 18s to process
>evenmore.svx , compared with 9s for v0.91

I've realised why this is - there's quite a bit a paranoid checking
still enabled in the new covariance code.  I'd like to leave this on
for now since if there are any remaining problem it will shake them
out as people try it in anger.

I will turn off these checks (at least the expensive ones) in a future
release and then you'll see quite a speed-up.