Chasm and survex-0.92

Phil Underwood furbrain@furbrain.screaming.net
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 02:14:27 +0000

I've finally got around to making the patch for survex-0.92
To re-iterate, chasm requires an extended file format to do all the cleve=
things it does. To produce these files, cavern needs to be patched.
I've posted patches for survex-0.91 and 0.92-pre-release6 (which will
probably work with most fo them, in fact); these are also available from
the chasm home page http://members.xoom.com/bighairyone/chasm.
I've also put the chasm help files on-line; access them from the same pag=
e.

On a completely different vein, I can confirm survex-0.92-pre-release-6
compiles and loads happily on my machine, even when patched. It is also
about 100% slower on my machine
(cyrix 200 MHz, 32Mb, Linux redhat 5.1); it takes 18s to process
evenmore.svx , compared with 9s for v0.91
I must admit that it doesn't really bother me though...

Phil U