New PPA URL for Ubuntu users

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Aug 31 04:16:03 BST 2023

On Fri, Jul 05, 2019 at 01:56:24PM +1200, Olly Betts wrote:
> If you're installing Survex versions for Ubuntu via the PPA, please
> update to this new PPA:
>
> https://launchpad.net/~survex-devs/+archive/ubuntu/ppa
>
> You should also remove the existing PPA when you do.  You can remove the
> old and then add the new with these commands:
>
> sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:survex-developers/ppa
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:survex-devs/ppa
> sudo apt-get update
>
> Both the old and new PPA are maintained by teams consisting of Wookey
> and me.  Currently they contain exactly the same packages (which I
> updated to 1.2.40 a few hours ago), but I'm not intending to update the
> old PPA further.  My plan is to remove it completely once people have
> had a chance to upgrade - then at least people who don't see this
> message will get an error when they try to update.

After a longer interval than I'd intended, I've finally removed the old
PPA.  The commands I gave before should switch you to the new one if
you didn't before.

I've also recently updated the new PPA to more recent Survex versions.
Due to the PROJ library's API changes I can't easily backport 1.4.x
to xenial or bionic, so I've backported Survex 1.2.45 for those Ubuntu
releases instead.