labels displaced on macos?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sat May 14 23:58:39 BST 2022

On Fri, May 13, 2022 at 03:10:35PM +0100, Jaspal Sahota wrote:
> Using Aven (Survex 1.4.2) on MacOS 12.3.1 I see the stations appear to
> be displaced from the plot of the survey on the screen. Would someone
> help me fix it please?
> The link shows a
> screenshot https://www.dropbox.com/s/s7gcwukrmmmdmau/survex%20mac%20error.png?dl=0
>
> Clicking on the plot to select a station/measure distance doesn’t
> work…on Windows, using the same file I can measure distances between
> stations just fine, but on Mac it seems to want me to click over on
> the ‘displaced’ labels.

Does your Mac have a hidpi display?

This sounds like it's probably due a hidpi problem at least - if so,
there's better hidpi support which isn't yet in a release.  The problem
is that hidpi isn't done the same way on different platforms so it's
hard for me to tests as I only have Linux and a non-hidpi display.

You can install the development version via homebrew to test - see the
bottom of https://github.com/ojwb/homebrew-survex for how.

Perhaps I just need to take the plunge and make a release and plan to
iterate promptly if there are problems.  It's not like 1.4.2 works
perfectly with hidpi displays after all.