referencing exported stations

Jaspal Sahota jaspalsahota at gmail.com
Fri May 13 16:07:52 BST 2022

Hi, I’m fairly new to Survex and am having a bit of trouble with combining multiple surveys in order to show them on a single plot.

My surveys are generated by some software I’m developing so the files and stations have the same names but are differentiated by date and time taken.
For example I might have files folders like this:

• AberLas
    • everything.svx
    • 2022-05-12
        • R00S00.svx
        • R00S01.svx
        • all.svx
    • 2022-05-13
        • R00S00.svx
        • R00S01.svx
        • R00S02.svx
        • all.svx

Now, the AberLas/2020-05-12/all.svx works fine to combine the two files (R00S00 & R00S01) and shows up just fine in Aven (as does the equivalent all.svx file in the 2022-05-13 folder).

The ‘everything.svx’  fails with an error about the 2022-05-08.R00S00.1 station (see below for examples of what the files look like), if I change that last line to R00S00.1 it all works fine.

Do I need to update my lowest level files to use unique names rather than reusing R00S00 etc? Or is there perhaps some clever (or basic!) trick I’m missing?

Thanks.

File examples:
--
The ‘everything.svx’ looks like this:
*infer exports on
*include 2022-04-02/R01S04.svx
*include 2022-05-08/all.svx
*equate R01S04.185 2022-05-08.R00S00.1
--
RxxSxx files follow this format:
*infer exports on
*begin R00S00
*data diving station depth newline direction tape compass
1 3.30 ; Timer: 0:00:01
	F	342.00	112 ; flow: 3, pitch: -39, roll: 0
2 3.40 ; Timer: 0:00:00
	F	38.00	107 ; flow: 6, pitch: -48, roll: 0
3 3.60 ; Timer: 0:00:00
*end R00S00
--
‘All.svx’ files follow this format: