Magnetic declination not being applied?

Rodrigo Severo rsev at pm.me
Sat Sep 4 15:03:29 BST 2021

Hi

Please take a look at the attached file. It's a simple test file to see magnetic declination being automatically applied for svx files.

Unfortunatelly it seems that Survex is not applying magnetic declination at all as, according to NOAA Magnetic Field Calculator available at https://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/geomag/calculators/magcalc.shtml , the magnetic declination at the attached file data/location is 22.96° W and the leg I included at the test file, which has a 0° azimuth is shown perfectly vertical in my Aven.

What am I doing wrong? How can I make Aven/Survex automatically apply magnetic declination?

Regards,

Rodrigo Severo