LONG-LAT Coordinate system unsuitable for output error

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Sep 2 23:47:54 BST 2021

On Thu, Sep 02, 2021 at 10:16:17AM +0000, Rodrigo Severo wrote:
> I'm writing a translator from TML file format (created by Ariane, a
> diving cave topography software available at
> http://arianesline.azurewebsites.net/Home/Ariane) to SVX file format.
>
> Coordinates, if available, are always in LONG-LAT in Ariane but they
> can be all over the world.
>
> I will look to some LONG-LAT to UTM conversion function.

This restriction on the coordinate system being a metre grid is only for
the *output* coordinate system.

You can use `LONG-LAT` (or pretty much any other coordinate system -
the only restriction is really that PROJ supports it) as the *input*
coordinate system which is used for fixed points, and Survex will
convert them to the output coordinate system for you.