Two "Main" files with one survey "link" file

Wookey wookey at wookware.org
Sun May 3 15:34:05 BST 2020

On 2020-05-03 10:15 -0400, Richard Knapp wrote:
> So at the top of one of my “main” files, I have:
>
> ;WC.SVX
> *begin
>
> *fix WC.B001.WC0 0 0 0
> *include "WC_Main.SVX"
>
> *end
>
> The other is:
>
> ;WC_Geo.SVX
> *begin
>
> *cs out utm17
> *cs long-lat
>
> *fix WC.B001.WC0 -82.2273250278 36.4577017 0
>
> *include “WC_Main.SVX”"
>
> *end
>
> Where all the surveys are linked via equates in WC_Main.SVX.
>
> At the top of WC_Main.SVX I have:
>
> ;Cave Surveys
> *case preserve
>
> *begin WC
> *export B001.WC0
> … [survey files]
>
> ..but I keep getting the error:
>
> WC.SVX:3: error: Reference to station “wc.b001.wc0” from non-existent survey “wc.b001”
>
> What am I missing? It is probably staring me right in the face but I cannot see it.

https://survex.com/docs/manual/datafile.htm#AEN791
points out that 'by default names are forced to lower case'.

You have a 'preserve' on the survey files, but the entrance equate is outside that and so will get forced to lower case, but the surveys files presumably actually have it in upper case so they don't match.

So you could fix it by adding
*case preserve
or
*case toupper
before the *fix in WC_Geo.SVX and WC.SVX

(Probably, I don't have the data to check).

http://wookware.org/