I know I am doing something stoopid but...

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Mar 2 18:19:56 GMT 2020

On Mon, Mar 02, 2020 at 12:12:08PM -0500, Richard Knapp wrote:
> I am having trouble upgrading to latest build. I did the 'brew update'
> (no problem) but when I do the 'brew upgrade’ for survex, it tells  me
> 1.2.41 is already installed. I used:
>
> 	‘brew upgrade https://survex.com/~olly/survex.rb' <https://survex.com/~olly/survex.rb'>
>
> What did I screw up?

The URL you're using there is from an earlier iteration of the
homebrew package, and is still 1.2.36.  The current instructions are
here:

https://survex.com/~olly/survex.rb

Presumably you followed those previously to get 1.2.41 installed.

Currently the homebrew package hasn't been updated to 1.2.43 yet,
but does have 1.2.42.  I'll see if I can update it to 1.2.43 - I don't
have a Mac but I don't think any packaging changes are needed for this
release beyond the obvious mechanical ones.

I've also removed that old file - it's no longer useful and "404 Not
found" will hopefully be more helpful than installing a version from
2018 (or not upgrading when there is actually a newer version
elsewhere).