Survex 1.2.43 released

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Feb 28 19:09:20 GMT 2020

Survex 1.2.43 is now available:

https://survex.com/download.html

The most notable changes in this release are support for the latest IGRF
model for calculating declinations, a fix for colouring by error for
legs not in a loop, and a fix for the bounding box on SVG exports from
aven.

Here's the full NEWS file entry for this release:

Changes in 1.2.43 (2020-02-28):

* cavern: Update to use v13 of the IGRF model for calculating declinations.
  This was issued in December 2019 and should give slightly more accurate
  declinations for surveys made since 2010.

* aven:

  + Fix colouring of "not in loop" when colouring by error.  1.2.42 introduced
    a bug where surveys not in a loop were coloured as if they had zero error.
    Fixes #111, reported by Bruce Mutton.

  + Fix handling of grid in export.  The grid was always getting enabled
    (probably since 1.2.8) even for formats which don't support exporting with
    a grid.  This resulted in the bounding box being set wrongly for some
    formats such as SVG, as reported by Richard Knapp on the mailing list.

  + When showing errors processing the survey data we'd previously crash if
    cavern incorrectly reported an error as being in a column off the end of
    the line - now we just ignore the error column in this case.

  + Support colouring by survey style ("normal", "diving", "nosurvey", etc).

Here are SHA256 checksums should you want to verify the integrity of the
files:

1c00e416e22061c9c2dcd1f697cb88588f2997aa1160c1528dc0bcbcb2528805  survex-1.2.43.tar.gz
e0712a09bfd47907afbc1365bcd3cdb2eac400ad0b8c7cc79eda187e712f486d  survex-win32-1.2.43.exe

There are also detached GPG signatures in the download directory:
https://survex.com/software/1.2.43/

There are "release notes" on the wiki, which I'll try to keep updated
with any issues found, so take a look there for the latest information:

https://trac.survex.com/wiki/ReleaseNotes/1.2.43

Please report any issues you find which are not covered in the release
notes to the bug tracker (https://trac.survex.com/).